This is where you begin your new career with the Department of Public Safety!
**45th DPS Basic Academy Application Window: January 29, 2021 through March 14, 2021 (midnight)**
How to Apply: (instructions are for both in-state and out-of-state/military applicants)
1) You MUST meet the Minimum Hiring Qualifications to be considered.
2) Complete and SAVE the REQUIRED DPS Official Registration and 81 Form to be used as an attachment to your NeoGov electronic application. DO THIS FIRST!
**Using Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (free download) will provide the best results.**
NOTE: The DPS Official Registration and 81 form MUST be attached to your electronic application through the NeoGov State of Iowa Careers webpage for your application to be complete.
DPS Official Registration and 81 Form
3) After completing and saving your DPS Official Registration and 81 Form, go to: NeoGov State of Iowa Careers website to complete an online application form there.
When finished and before submitting, the DPS Official Registration and 81 Form MUST be attached.
4) A separate electronic application must be submitted through NeoGov for each position (Trooper 1, Trooper 2 or Special Agent 2) you are applying for.
5) You may upload a cover letter and resume to your NeoGov State of Iowa electronic application (not required).
6) After a review of your DPS Official Registration and 81 Form (within two weeks), you will receive notification of your qualifying status from DPS.
- If you qualify, you will be emailed an invitation to test link for the Physical Fitness Assessment with information on dates, times and location.
- If you do not qualify, you will be emailed information indicating the reason(s) of your disqualification.
We look forward to seeing your name in our application process!
The State of Iowa is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.