You have made it through the initial screening of the Minimum Qualifications and are being invited to participate in the selection process for the 45th DPS Basic Academy!
*** Please note: Diane Warwick is no longer with the Department of Public Safety. All communication and/or further correspondence should be directed toward Special Agent Bellon at email@example.com. ***
It is very important that you read ALL information and follow ALL directions carefully throughout the rest of this process to be a highly competitive and successful candidate.
Numbered below are important instructions. Please read carefully:
1) Testing Reservation Form - VERY IMPORTANT - You must pre-register for your Physical Fitness Assessment test date. This must be done within five (5) days of the receipt of your email directing you to this webpage to be permitted to test. Complete the form and email it ASAP to Special Agent Bellon at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do this right away!
2) 45th Selection Process Letter - IMPORTANT - This letter includes information on the selection process and specifics on the physical fitness assessment and P.O.S.T. Written Exam - the first two tests you will need to take. Also included in this letter is a checklist of documents you MUST bring with you to the P.O.S.T. Written Exam such as a certified birth certificate and high school and college transcripts. Some of these documents may take a while to obtain, so make sure you get started on these right away.
3) DPS Form 80 (REQUIRED) - LEVEL 1 EMPLOYMENT BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION APPLICATION FORM - This is your OFFICIAL application document for employment with the DPS. Please take time to complete this form in its entirety (answer every question; put N/A if it does not apply) sign at the end and PRINT. Bring this form WITH YOU when you come to the Physical Fitness Assessment on the date you have scheduled. DO NOT EMAIL this document.
4) Peace Officer Career Information Packet - This is a great publication that will explain in detail every phase of the 10-step selection process. FAQ's are also included. The majority of the answers to your questions can be found here. This packet also includes the specifics on the Physical Fitness Assessment requirements to pass.
5) Camp Dodge map - This outlines where the first two (2) testing phases will take place. (The Physical Fitness Assessment and the P.O.S.T. Written Exam)
6) DPS Applicant Fitness Assessment Prep Plan - a helpful plan to assist you in preparing for the Physical Fitness Assessment. Check this out: Thirty-six percent (36%) of applicants who take the PT test - FAIL IT! Don't let this happen to you. PLAN TO PASS!