Instructor, Fire Officer, and Inspector
The Fire Service Training Bureau offers several advanced-level courses per year, depending on requests by fire departments to host them. In the past, the Instructor, Fire Officer, and Inspector courses were funded through an NFA Grant, which allowed us to offer them free of charge. However, that grant is no longer available as a resource so to offset the costs of these programs we are asking that each participant be responsible for the cost of the manual.
The price of the Jones & Bartlett "Fire and Emergency Services Instructor" 3rd edition, is currently $61.00 (plus shipping), and the Jones & Bartlett "Fire Officer" 3rd edition is currently $67.00 (plus shipping). This price reflects a discount of 35% off of the list price. To order books, please contact Linda Adams at 515.727.3426 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- There is a certification fee of $50.00. You will need to submit a Written Exam Registration Form three weeks in advance of the class.
- A FEMA General Admission Application Form needs to be filled out and brought with you on the first day of class.
- Instructions for obtaining a FEMA Student Identification (SID) Number (The SID Number is required to register for all NFA Courses)
- Fire & Emergency Services Instructor II - Mason City - December 1-3, 2021
- Fire & Emergency Services Instructor II - FSTB - December 6-8, 2021
- Fire Inspector I - FSTB - December 13-17, 2021