What is ISICS?
Iowa Statewide Interoperable Communications System (ISICS) is Iowa's statewide P25 standard digital communications network. It provides public safety agencies, first responders, schools and utility workers around the state with unprecedented connectivity. As a state-of-the-art wireless digital communications platform, ISICS puts heightened safety and effectiveness at the fore front, delivering seamless interoperability, secure, reliable communications and cutting-edge voice.
Meet and Exceed Your Critical Requirements
- Project 25 Phase 2 TDMA
- Three geo-redundant cores
- Interoperability with legacy systems and surrounding states
- Public / private partnership
- Subscriber radios
- 10 year lease with three-year warranty and maintenance for years 4-10
ABOUT THE SYSTEM
ISICS will enable transparent interoperability between statewide and local agencies, with none of the limitations imposed by system-to-system gateways.
- Seamless, full-featured interoperability
- Better in-building and portable coverage for state users, and statewide coverage for local users
- Reduced site and ongoing maintenance costs for both counties and the State
Resilient Network With No Single Point of Failure
Three geographically-separated, fault-tolerant cores located in the west, central and east regions of the State provide triple backup to all system control. Each densely-populated region of the state has simulcast with geographically separated, redundant simulcast prime sites to maintain simulcast coverage and capacity.
If you have questions regarding the ISICS Join Process, please contact SWIC Nichols at firstname.lastname@example.org